The RepliGut Planar system is a unique, mammalian (human and animal) stem cell technology that recreates the intestinal epithelium in a continuous, flat layer of stem and differentiated cells. This 2D monolayer platform is used for compound screening, disease modeling and microbiome research during preclinical studies.
RepliGut Planar was developed to replace Caco-2 cells (cancer cells) and animals, which are currently used as a part of compound screening during preclinical studies, before human testing. This 2D monolayer platform should provide much better results than current methods, since it uses proliferative stem cells and terminally differentiated cells.
The form factor for RepliGut kit is a multiwell plate, which can be provided in 6, 12, 24, 48, or 96 well sizes, depending on a scientist’s needs. Each well contains a cassette insert with an individual tissue sample.
RepliGut Planar Tissue Sample
Each tissue sample on the RepliGut kit features a patent-pending biomimetic scaffold, which separates our cells from the cassette’s porous membrane and allows our cells to survive for a prolonged period of time. Without our scaffold, stem cells cannot survive on the cassette.
Luminal and basal reservoirs allow compounds, microbiota, etc. to interact with our cells, for efficient compound screening, disease modeling, and microbiome research.
Multiple People On One Kit
RepliGut Planar has the ability to test tissue samples from up to 96 different people at the same time, or it can test tissue from one person with up to 96 different drugs all on the same kit.
- Standard multiwell plate format (available in 6, 12, 24, 48, and 96 well formats)
- Possesses all cell types of the intestinal epithelium, including Goblet, Enterocyte, Enteroendocrine, Paneth
- Continuous, high TEER monolayer
- Luminal and basal reservoirs
- Tissue replicas easily accessible by virtue of the platform’s open format
- Available as both small and large intestine kits
- Enables screening using normal human or animal cells
- Allows prolonged cell culture of differentiated tissue (5-6 days)
- Can be used for testing with any oral compound
- Effortlessly exposes luminal or basal surface to compounds
- Efficient for screening compounds
- Design provides for improved throughput
- Amenable to a variety of assay types
- Cytokine/chemokine secretion
- Wound healing
- Cell proliferation, toxicity
- Transport- influx, efflux, transcellular, paracellular
- Lineage differentiation
- Gene expression
- Protein expression
- High-content imaging