The RepliGut Crypt system is a revolutionary platform that uses state-of-the-art microfabrication and tissue engineering techniques to recreate the architecture and cellular composition of the intestinal epithelium. RepliGut Crypt possesses both stem and differentiated cells in an architecture that accurately replicates the crypt structure of the large intestine. This platform is used for drug testing and microbiome research during preclinical studies.
RepliGut Crypt was developed to replace Caco-2 cells (cancer cells) and live animals, which are currently used to test drugs during preclinical studies, before human testing. This technology should provide much better results than current methods, since it uses primary tissue.
RepliGut Crypt Kit
The platform for the RepliGut Crypt kit is a multiwell plate, which can be provided in 6, 12, 24, 48, or 96 well sizes, depending on a scientist’s needs. Each well contains a cassette insert with an individual tissue sample.
The form factor for the RepliGut Planar kit is a multiwell plate, which can be provided in 6, 12, 24, 48, or 96 well sizes, depending on a scientist’s needs. Each well contains a cassette insert with an individual tissue sample.
RepliGut Crypt Tissue Sample
Each tissue sample on the kit features a patent-pending biomimetic scaffold, which is molded to the shape of crypts in the large intestine. The scaffold separates our cells from the cassette’s porous membrane and allows the differentiated cells to survive for a prolonged period of time. Without our scaffold, normal human cells cannot survive on the cassette.
Luminal and basal reservoirs allow compounds, microbiota, etc. to interact with our cells, for efficient drug testing and microbiome research.
Multiple People On One Kit
RepliGut Crypt has the ability to test tissue samples from up to 96 different people at the same time, or it can test tissue from one person with up to 96 different drugs all on the same kit.
- Standard multiwell plate format (available in 6, 12, 24, 48, and 96 well formats)
- Possesses all cell types of the intestinal epithelium, including goblet, enterocyte, Paneth, and tuft
- Polarized cellular architecture
- Luminal and basal reservoirs
- Tissue replicas easily accessible by virtue of the platform’s open format
- Available as both small and large intestine kits
- Amenable to confocal imaging
- Enables screening using normal human or animal cells
- Allows prolonged cell culture of differentiated tissue (5-6 days)
- Effortlessly exposes luminal or basal surface to compounds
- Efficient for evaluating perturbations to epithelial physiology
- Amenable to a variety of assay types
- Cytokine/chemokine secretion
- Cell proliferation, toxicity
- Study of chemical gradients
- Cellular migration
- Gene expression- RNA seq.
- Protein presence- Mass spec, western blotting